Delivering 3D Fun to Your Family Polarized 3D Method
A polarizing film on the display surface displays the left and right images for each of the odd-numbered and even-numbered horizontal scanning lines. When viewed through polarizing eyewear, different images are shown to the left and right eyes, resulting in the perception of 3D images. This method reduces the vertical resolution to one-half, but it is an easy way to view 3D images using light, economical eyewear. Great for watching with a group of people.Expressive, Lifelike Colors Vivid Color Creation
The brightness, saturation, contrast and sharpness of colors are finely compensated in each scene. Highly vivid colors are produced with hardly any mutual interference. People's faces are also detected, and skin tones are beautifully corrected to ensure soft, natural complexions*.
* Only for the VT, GT Series of Plasma TVs and WT Series of LCD TVs.Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D 2D-3D Conversion
Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images - such as web content, Blu-ray Disc™ media, and photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards - into 3D images with a high level of precision.
* When a 2D source is converted to 3D, the 3D effect is slightly less pronounced than with 3D sources.Naturally Flowing Film Images 3D 24p Cinema Smoother
VIERA gives you naturally flowing 24p images with the look and tonal characteristics of film, and familiar TV-like quality. This mode optimizes the number of frames of 24p images recorded from film sources onto media such as the Blu-ray Disc™. Panasonic's advanced source analysis and frame generation deliver smooth, natural, lifelike images.
* Only for the WT and DT Series.Brilliant Images from Every Seat Wide Viewing Angle
** Only for the ET and E50 Series.
*** These images are for a 60Hz input signal.
With VIERA's wide 178°* viewing angle, you see clear, vibrant images from every seat in the room. The backlight features a wide transmission aperture that enhances contrast between light and dark and improves response to provide smoother motion images.
* The range at which the contrast ratio is 10:1 or higher.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described.Change the Way You Operate VIERA remote App Support: Smartphone Remote
VIERA remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads. More Comfortable Operation
Free Point Operation
More intuitive free-point operation for web browsing, by using the touch screen as a touchpad.
Game Pad Operation
Gamepad operation for VIERA Connect game applications which can be enjoyed on the large screen.
Linking Content Enables Greater Enjoyment
You can display same web pages on VIERA and smartphone with easy operation.
Enjoy photos, music, movies on VIERA and smartphone anytime.Change the Way You Operate Simple Remote Control
This remote features easy-to-see characters and an easy-to-understand button layout. It lets everyone in the house operate VIERA quickly and easily.Instant Support When You Need It Product Support Center
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained using movies. They are easy for everyone, young or old, to understand. A video guide can be accessed from VIERA Connect.
* Requires the downloading of a free app from VIERA Connect Market.Inside the User's Manual eHELP
No more need to search through the User's Manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the HELP button on the remote control to display the eHELP.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described.
Takes You to a New World
VIERA Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers.
It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
Find your favorite apps:Large-Screen Web Browsing with Your Family Web Browser
The browser supports HTML5 pages, so you can browse the Internet much like you do with a PC. Unlike a PC, though, the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content.Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection WiFi Built-In
It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the WiFi Built-In function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
* A wireless LAN environment is required to use the WiFi Built-In function.A Home Network Linking the Entire House DLNA
A DLNA-compatible VIERA makes network connection super easy. It's a simple way to use the home network IPTV function. Plus, it lets you share content by linking various equipment. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.Get More Excitement Out of Gaming Game Mode
Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. VIERA automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see. Game mode makes all of the game apps on VIERA Connect even more fun to play.Play Various Types of Formats Easily Media Player
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA's large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
* Applicable formats vary depending on the model.One Remote Controls Them All VIERA Link™
VIERA Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the VIERA remote. Setup is easy, too - simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described.Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power Eco Mode
This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on VIERA's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from VIERA Tools.
No Signal for 10 Minutes or No Activity
for 3 Hours
This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for 3 hours or more.
This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.Adjusts Screen Brightness to Suit the Room C.A.T.S. [Contrast Automatic Tracking System]
This detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.Ecological and Easy Power Saving Functions in VIERA Link™
The power of each connected device is adjusted depending on usage to reduce wasteful usage.
Standby Power Save
When VIERA is turned off, the power consumption of connected devices* is minimized.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.
** The power consumption value differs depending on the discs used in connected devices and the usage conditions.
Intelligent Auto Standby
Power consumption is minimized by using VIERA Link™ control for interconnected devices.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.Panasonic VIERA AR Setup Simulator App
Get the best Setup and viewing style for your Panasonic Viera TV
Notice for VIERA Connect
* The services through VIERA Connect are operated by their respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic will make no warranty for the content or the continuity of the service.
* Not all features of websites or content of the service may be available.
* Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
* Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
* The Twitter ® , Pandora ® , FOX Sports™, Amazon Instant Video™, YouTube™, Picasa Web Albums™, Netflix, Cinemanow, hulu Plus, SHOUTcast, Facebook, AP, MLB, AccuWeather, BodyMedia, and Withings names and logos are trademarks of their respective companies. in the United States and other countries.
* The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited.
* Each service is scheduled to begin in Spring 2012, but the actual start will vary for each of the service partners.
* Attention: it is not possible to make emergency calls with Skype™.
* USB Keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor are not included.
* Communication Camera for VIERA is not included.